SWOOSH TOURNAMENT RULES
This tournament is for the kids - let us always keep that in mind.
HOME AND AWAY
● The team listed on the LEFT or TOP of bracket is HOME and must wears light color
Normal High School rules will apply (FIBA) with a few modifications
● Girls will use a size six ball and boys will use a size seven ball. U11 size six ball. Size six is also a 28.5 size ball as well. Boys U14 and Up size 7
● There will be 4 - 8 minute stop clock quarters
● One timeout in the first half, two timeouts second half, no carry-overs
● 3 minute half-times to keep the games running ON time
● 5-minute warm-up between games. so, strength prior to warm-ups
● There is only one overtime and 3-minutes first to five points. If no one scores five points, whoever is leading at the end of the quarter wins the game.
● A player fouls out on his fifth personal foul
● A team shoots bonus on the fifth team foul in a quarter.
● Two technical fouls result in automatic ejection from the games and the next game as well. NO EXCEPTIONS, THIS INCLUDES FIGHTS. This includes coaches, players, and fans.
U12 and under rules
● U12 and Down there will be no zone played at these age levels
● you can only double team once the dribble has begun
● no triple teaming at time
● You can pick man to man full court matter the score. After a 25 point lead the clock will run.
● This is a club tournament no pick up at half in any division
"NEW' UNLESS DIRECTORS ARE THERE, THEY WILL NOT TURN OVER THIS RULE. So judge yourself accordingly.
Bring your own basketballs for warm-ups. Swoosh will not provide basketballs for your teams.
During the game if a team(s) is ahead by twenty (25) or more points, the clock will STOP ONLY FOR FOUL SHOTS AND TIME/OUTS. THE CLOCK WILL STOP AGAIN IF THE TEAM COMES BACK WITHIN 15 POINTS, AND WE ARE ON TIME.
There will be no overage players because we run by US tournament rules. Please feel free to contact Ron directly if you do not understand if your player is eligible for all Swoosh Tournaments.
Rules for age: This means if you are seventeen on January 1st then you are considered seventeen for the entire year, however players can only play on one team this entire tournament.
● PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF THIS RULE CAN BE CHANGED
Please bring both colors to game in case a team does not have extra uniforms
● (Swoosh will not provide pinnys) for teams with only one color jersey Seeding from each pool will be determined by win-loss record in pool play.
● In case of ties, head-to-head competition determines seeds.
● If three teams are tied at the end of pool play, a point system comes into effect to determine the 1, 2, and 3 seeds of the pool.
● All games in a play will be included in determining the point system.
● In case the three teams are still tied, the least total points allowed in pool play will determine the higher seed.
● In case there is still a tie, a coin toss will determine seeding.
● In case of disputes, the Tournament Director’s decision is final.” Not one I want to make”
At the end of pool play, check brackets on your phone”
THIS MAY TAKE A COUPLE MINUTES", at your gym, or at Headquarters for seeding as you might play within a few hours of brackets ending.
In case of changes The SCORES and BRACKETS WILL BE UPDATED ON-LINE
● Check out the tournament info package
● If will take at least 15 minutes to post scores after your game is finished
● Please double check times and locations
● THERE WILL BE NO PAPER COPIES AT THE GYMS.
● You are responsible for knowing where and when your teams play next is your responsibility
● AGAIN, CHECK ON-LINE at Bracket Team app. If you do not arrive at your scheduled game on time, it can potentially be forfeited.
● This decision is up to the tournament refs on that court.
By participating in any "Swoosh Canada Tournament” events, every participant and coach agrees to:
● have and maintain their own personal INSURANCE POLICY, to be in effect at the time of the
● to being live streamed and game are available on BalletTV.com
Any damage to the building will be charged to the team and said players by the Saville Centre, Legacy, and EYBA Centre.
You are responsible for your players and yourself.